How Can Your Fiance Get the U.S. Visa?

immigration attorney okc

You must file a Form I-129F, petition for Alien Fiancé(e), if you're a U.S. citizen who wishes to take your overseas fiancé(s) into the United States in order to get married. This is the first step to get your fiancé(s) a nonimmigrant K-1 visa. K-1 is also recognized as a non-immigrant visa.

You and your fiancé (e) must be willing to marry your fiancé (e) within 90 days of joining the U.S. as a non-immigrant K-1 for a K-1 entry visa. You and your fiancé(e) have a genuine intention to build a life together and marriage should not be for the sole purpose of gathering an immigration advantage. Your marriage has to be valid.

If the fiancé(e) marries you as a non-immigrant K-1, he or she may apply for status as legally resident permanently in the United States (a green card) within 90 days after you are admitted in the United States.

You or your wife or fiancé(e) does not qualify for a visa if you are already married outside the United States or if your fiancé(e) has already been legally living in the United States Go to the U.S. permanent residents Bringing Spouses to Live page to learn how to submit to a Green Card to your foreign domestic partner. In case you are in trouble with a visa, you can contact an immigration attorney in OKC.

immigration attorney okc

Filing Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

The first phase is to lodge Form I-129F Alien Fiancé(e) petition with USCIS for a US citizen. The I-129F petition has plenty of supporting paperwork to include. You are needed to produce copies of your birth certificates and decrees on divorce (both you must be individual, divorced or widowed when you file).

In addition to your civil papers, evidence that both of you met instantly prior to the submission of Form I-129F must be supplied.

  • Supporting Evidence

  • Photos of the couple

  • Copies of passport pages

  • Copies of itineraries or boarding passes

  • Receipts of expenses

immigration attorney okc

If you can determine that you can request a waiver from the personal session:

  • The obligation to satisfy in individual your fiancé(e) would breach the stringent and long-established customs of the overseas culture of your fiancé(e) and social practice and to comply with all elements of the traditional provisions in conformity with your customs or exercise.

  • You would be very difficult to fulfill your fiancé(e), in an individual.

immigration attorney okc

You must also show that within 90 days from the introduction of your fiancé(s) as K-1 non-immigrant you and your fiancé(s) plan to marry. We propose that the couple give a declaration of intent to marry that they each sign in order to comply with this requirement.

Contact Mazaheri Law Firm for an immigration attorney in OKC.

**Disclaimer: The information on this page is not intended to be a doctor's advice, nor does it create any form of patient-doctor relationship.