Child Visitation Attorneys in Oklahoma City
Helping Parents Preserve Relationships with Their Children
Visitation refers to the time a non-custodial parent spends with his or her child(ren). When a parent does not have physical custody (the child does not live with the parent), they can be granted visitation rights to the child. Arrangements for visitation can include a set schedule of when the parent will see the child, including certain weekends, holidays, school breaks, etc.
At Mazaheri Law Firm, we advocate for parents to spend as much time with their child as possible. We explain how visitation works and how this can affect the relationship between you and your child. We work closely with you to find an arrangement that provides the most meaningful result for you while ensuring the welfare of your child is taken into account.
Important things to know about visitation:
- A parent cannot withhold visitation even if the other parent owes child support.
- A parent cannot refuse to pay child support if he or she is being denied visitation.
- Grandparents do not have automatic visitation rights. However, they can be granted visitation by courts if it is in the best interests of the child.
- If you need to relocate with your child, you must notify the other parent and seek approval from the court to modify your agreement, if the other parent objects to the relocation.
- A court can order supervised visitation if circumstances arise that show it is not in the best interest of the child/children to be alone with a parent.
- In cases of conflict between parents, a neutral place of exchange should become a standard practice of transition between parents. Good locations for transitions include public places, like local police or fire stations.
- In some cases, monitored transition can assist in testimony to show that the child has been cared for properly during their visitation.
- A Guardian Ad Litem can be useful if there are any allegations of abuse or poor treatment.
- A Standard visitation schedule is usually the base standard for regular visits. We attempt to get you more time with your child, if warranted.
- A Judicial Order for Proper Conduct can be asked for if there are concerns about who is at the visitation or how parents are conducting themselves during the visits.
Meet Our TeamEffective Client-Focused Legal Representation
Will I Be Awarded Visitation?
In most cases, courts will award some type of visitation, whether it is supervised, standard or extended visitation. The courts generally believe that a child benefits from ongoing contact with both parents and will encourage arrangements that provide the most emotional stability for the child. It is rare for courts to deny visitation and denial of visitation will only occur in cases where there is a compelling reason, such as substance abuse or violence.
Receive a Personalized Consultation Today
Mazaheri Law Firm places a big emphasis on providing each client with personalized care. We start by offering an initial consultation where we get to know you and your issue.
Call us at (405) 645-6022 or fill out our online contact form.
Contact us to speak to a friendly team member that is
dedicated to protecting your rights and promoting your interests.
ReviewsWhat Our Clients Say About Us
“Thorough, compassionate, dedicated and committed!”- The Bachmans
“I felt very much taken care of in her very capable hands. She is utmost assertive in her communications with the opposing counsels and makes sure that her client gets the best outcome possible.”- Anh T.
“This is a people business, and she was a great person. I will use them again if the need arises.”- Matthew M.
What Sets Us Apart?Empowering You With Knowledge When it Counts
Value HarmonyOur demeanor toward one another and our clients convey an intentional message of harmony and respect for one another. We pride ourselves on being multi-ethnic, diverse, and multi-lingual. We welcome anyone who needs high-quality legal representation. Our clientele is as diverse as we are. Self-awareness, positive communication, collaboration, and respect are how we engage with each other and creates a healthy work environment. That feeling carries over to our clients' experience with us.
ConnectIn a profession often known for impersonal interaction, Mazaheri Law Firm attorneys and staff are genuinely warm, accessible and compassionate. Our clients often come to us at their most vulnerable. Their families may be at stake, their livelihood may be at risk. We don’t shy away from their feelings or our own. Clients see us as a pillar of strength in difficult moments.
Level UpWe are eager to work and it shows. We are self-starters. If we can do something, learn something or clarify something, we do it. Our best is our baseline. We work long hours with distressed clients, and we enjoy working in a friendly, productive, re-energizing environment.
Do RightWe do what is right and ethical, always, even when it would be easier not to. That means putting a client’s best interest ahead of what they may want to hear. We value being straightforward about their legal needs and our legal opinion. We balance compassion and tough love when we need to.
Lead with ConvictionMazaheri Law Firm attorneys and staff approach each case powerfully grounded in quiet strength and calm confidence, qualities that are palpably reassuring to their clients. Our lawyers are credible, dependable, professional experts in their fields of practice. We break down cases, distinguish options, and advise our clients based on our experience and the law.
Aim High, Stand TallWe bring our absolute best to every challenge or opportunity. Our experience and intellect are formidable. We boldly approach each moment as an opportunity to learn and think outside of the box. Finding creative legal ways to attack a problem and identify possible solutions gives us energy and makes us happy to help our clients with confidence. Our attorneys take intelligent risks for the benefit of our clients